Appetizers

Collection of Appetizing and mouthwatering recipes that would make anybody look forward to the maincourse! Take some few bites but reserve some space for the Main Course! View my other blogs on maincourse and desserts! click: MAINCOURSE and DESSERTS

Google

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Cheese Puffs


Cheese Puffs

I got this recipe from an appetizer mini cookbook, but as usual, I deviated from the original recipe due to unavailability of ingredients. Apart from that, I have changed its proportion as the original recipe seems too plenty for two. I added some flavor like nutmeg and pepper which were not included from the original recipe.

I love every bite these cheese puffs! It’s cheesy, soft and elastic in the inside but crisp on the outside. Great contrast of texture. Best served while still hot.

Ingredients:

2 Cups grated tasty cheese (flamingo or Gouda preferably)
or any cheese that melts when heated.
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Extra bread crumbs for coating
Separate egg yolk from white. Mix egg yolk with cheese, breadcrumbs, paprika, and nutmeg. Beat egg white until stiff. Slowly fold in into yolk mixture. Add black pepper. Form into small balls and coat with bread crumbs. Deep fry few at a time in30 seconds or until golden brown. Drain in kitchen paper and serve immediately.

4 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger ces said...

hi grace..
looks yummy..i'll try it for the kids..i'm sure they'll love this!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks soooo good. I plan on trying it. Thanks for the recipe.

Paz

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Kai said...

I'm going to try this, too! So what cheese did you use? I don't plan to scout for Gouda here, I'm sure if ever I could find one it will be too expensive.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

Hi Diy chef, I think kids will love it too.. u can make it in advance and heat it up.

Paz, ur site is fantastic too, L link u k?

Kai, thanks for ur email, delighted to be envited with lasang pinoy.. I think I have an entry. Btw, I used flamingo cheese here, so twas quite elastic and stringy.. he he, but I love it. I think chedar cheese will do. Whatever u feel like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home