Appetizers

Collection of Appetizing and mouthwatering recipes that would make anybody look forward to the maincourse! Take some few bites but reserve some space for the Main Course! View my other blogs on maincourse and desserts! click: MAINCOURSE and DESSERTS

Google

Friday, February 11, 2005

Onion Rings


Onion Rings

I have tried making onion rings before but ended with soft and very oily. Once I had tried very thick coating. But here is the perfect batter for that! I got this from my sister Dels before.

Ingredients:

Thinly sliced onions
Oil for frying

Batter:
½ Cup flour
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 beaten egg
¼ Cup water

extra cornstarch

Mix all the batter ingredients until smooth. Place extra cornstarch for coating in a separate plat. Dip each sliced onion into the batter and coat with extra cornstarch. Deep fry few at a time. Garnish with sauce and serve immediately while still crispy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home